Homoeopathic drug ‘Arsenicum album 30’ can prevent coronavirus infection, as claimed by AYUSH Ministry
“As per the Homoeopathy Practices, the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested- The Group of Experts inter-alia has recommended that homoeopathy medicine Arsenicum album30 could be taken as prophylactic medicine against possible Corona virus infections, which has also been advised for prevention of ILI. It has recommended one doze of Arsenicum album 30, daily in empty stomach for three days. The dose should be repeated after one month by following the same schedule incase Corona virus infections prevail in the community.”
BMC proposes homeopathy medicine as preventive post Ayush advisory, state NHM says yet to decide
The Ayush ministry had first recommended it controversially in January 29 as a prophylactic against Covid-19, shooting up its demand across the country. The advisory had recommended one dose of Arsenicum Album 30 for three days in a row on an empty stomach
Can ‘Ars Alb-30’ protect you from Covid-19? AYUSH Ministry thinks so
बीएमसीकडून दिले जाणारे अर्सेनिक अल्बम ३० आहे तरी काय?
This are the ongoing Headlines in different medias.
Here we explain the actual fact.
There are dozens of homoeopathy medicines having symptoms similarity with growing number of cases. But, the asymptomatic cases &
concern HOMOEOPATHY is too effective , as follows-
As stated above, after observing of several cases of an epidemic/pandemic disease & analysing the symptomatology, a common clinical picture emerges (say,IR-Ae). The medicine having the simillar picture (say, IR-De) is become the preventive of that epidemic. This medicine is termed as Genus Epidemicus
WHAT IS THE MECHANISM OF WORK OF GENUS EPIDEMICUS?
In human body after introduction of the medicine (having IR-De) with proper repetition & dose, T-CELLs are activated, and produce SPECIFIC CYTOKINES
(which is the cause of producing IR-Ae in maximum infected patients). But due to its controlled dose & repetition, production of it is also minimum, side by side as there is no virus present(in non infected case),no cytotoxic T-CELL are formed & recruited MACROPHAGES
(by cytokines from T-CELLS) are deactivated .So the production of cytokines also balanced by Combined negative regularitatory loops( Presence of unused cytokines + Non production of Cytotoxic T-cells + Deactivated Macrophaging system
). Now the balanced cytokines ,having no other work than to perform accelerate the immediate augmentation of activation of B-CELLS & PLASMA CELLS by the help of T-HELPER CELLS
.The PLASMA CELLS
then produce specific ANTIBODY(IgM)
which protect the human body from invasion of the pathogen. In case of asymptomatic cases, the virus is in latent phase & by the same mechanism specific ANTIBODY (IgM) develop which neutralise the pathogen.
Yes in this epidemic of COVID-19, the medicine announced by The Ministry Of AYUSH is ARSENICUM ALBUM 30– WHY?
- ARSENICUM ALBUM have the similar picture(IR-DARS ALB) of symptomatology of COVID-19 (IR-ACOVID-19).
- There are also have research data-“ Arsenic album as one of the constituents in a formulation has been shown to affect HT29 cells and human macrophages. Also, it showed ↓NF-κB hyperactivity (reduced expression of reporter gene GFP in transfect HT29 cells), ↓TNF-α release in macrophages”.
- Arsenicum album is very common prescription in cases of respiratory infection & ILI in day to day practice.
1.Homoeopathic Perspectives in COVID-19 Corona virus infection, Fact Sheet, CCRH.
- Bellavite P, Signorini A, Marzotto M, Moratti E, Bonafini C, Olioso D. Cell sensitivity, non-linearity and inverse effects. Homeopathy. 2015 Apr; 104(2):139-60
- 3. Mathie RT, Baitson ES, Frye J, Nayak C, Manchanda RK, Fisher P. Homeopathic treatment of patients with influenza-like illness during the 2009 A/H1N1 influenza pandemic in India. Homeopathy (2013) 102, 187-192.
- Chakraborty PS, Lamba CD, Nayak D, John MD, Sarkar DB et al. Effect of individualized homoeopathic treatment in influenza like illness: A multicenter, single blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Indian Journal of Research in Homoeopathy. 7 (1); Jan-Mar 2013.
- Gupta J, Rao MP, Raju K, Prasad RVR, Arya JS, Mondal BK et al. Management of early years of simple and mucopurulent chronic bronchitis with pre-defined homeopathic medicines – a Prospective Observational Study with 2-Years Follow-Up; International Journal of High Dilution Research 2019; 18(3-4):47-62.